The missionary committee is responsible for the guild's actions and mission activity, as well as activities supporting mission work. The committee consists of the mission coordinator as well as other members accepted in a committee meeting. The guild members take part in mission work in a much larger group than the mission committee in itself.
The best method to contact the committee is by emailing lahetys at ristinkilta.fi.
The committee's mission destination policy is based on a comprehensive vision of fulfilling the missionary command, and the committee aims to assist in the spread of the gospel wherever the Spirit leads at any given moment. When selecting destinations, special consideration is given to the impact that activates and nurtures the missionary activity of the guild members.
- India's orphanage work (One Way Mission)
- Life Orphanage in St. Petersburg
- The poor children of the Romani communities in Bosnia-Hertsegovina (Fida)
- Missionary work in Israel (Kylväjä)
- Least reached peoples (Operaatio Mobilisaatio)
- Additionally, the missionary committee is responsible for increasing the guild's visibility in Otaniemi through different kinds of public campaigns (such as the clean-up campaign) as much as the guild members' enthusiasm allows.
Supporting the missionary work
One can support the missionary work by, for example, praying for them or by taking part in the possible missionary trips organised by the guild. If you would like to support the guild's missionary destinations financially, the best way to do so is by making donations to the guild's missionary bank account: FI13 3131 1000 2659 46. In the message field, you can indicate where you would like the money to go to. Otherwise the money will be used there, where it is most needed.
"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." (2nd Cor 9:7 NIV)